19/08/2024

Galactic Season 7 Starts Tomorrow

... and I'm curious to see what it will be like.

Unfortunately the patch date coincides with three very busy days at work for me this time, so I won't be able to jump right into the action - I'm guessing I'll be lucky if I manage to even log into all servers on Tuesday. But that's okay; it's not like I need to get anything specific done right away.

I do wonder whether we'll be in for any mechanical surprises like we were at the start of the last season. I feel like we really can't have a repeat of GS6's ultra-grindy blueprint achievement, considering how off-putting everyone seemed to find it, but I haven't seen the devs comment on that at all. They're usually pretty good at taking that kind of feedback into account, but when they then don't talk about what they're planning to change, you never know whether the "improvement" won't end up being awkward in some other way.

As for myself, I think I'll once again try to re-think my approach to completing the season on all servers. Last season, I tried to check myself a bit by keeping a detailed diary of my progress every week, but that didn't quite work out the way I had planned. So I'm not planning to do that again, but I'm considering simply setting myself a hard cap of weekly objectives on the secondary servers, something like "aim for four and do no more than five", considering how easily I still tended to slip into pushing for 7/7 everywhere last time.

In general I feel like I really need to take it a bit easier in GS7 compared to the last one. I'm sort of reminded of how I pushed myself to complete the 100 weekly objectives achievement on all servers in Season 3, and then felt a little burnt out and like I really couldn't muster as much enthusiasm for GS4. I think grinding for blueprints until the very end had a similar effect on me in GS6, and as a result I feel like I hardly had much of a break between seasons and like I just don't have that much energy to invest into a new season just yet.

Do you have any plans or goals for the new season?

5 comments :

  1. Right now I'm planning on just doing the reward track and not chasing after anything else. I sort of want a longer break after Season 6 (cue obligatory grumbling about intelligence items ;)). That said, if the other achievements have something I really like I'll probably chase after them. After all, I was sort of meh/burned out at the start of Season 6 and still managed to get swept up in chasing after most things for that season.

    This time, though, I think I want to spend my season time working on stuff that I've just left sitting. For example, I have many characters still stuck in KotFE/KotET due to apathy about the story. I think it is time I finally get them over that hump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I don't really have time for anything other than seasons objectives during a season, so I try to do my story catch-up in the weeks between seasons. Can't say having those breaks being so short helps with that!

      Delete
    2. I'm surprised you have time for anything else given you've been pushing all the servers. :) I do Star Forge and feel loaded up when a season starts. I'd not get anything done if I tried to be active on all of them.

      Delete
  2. It's going to be much more casual for me this season. My goals are just level 100 on all the servers and maybe 100 weeklies for the title. The title is currently bugged being the same title as Season 6 (Built Different), but I expect that will be fixed.

    I'm happy they got rid of the blueprint fragment junk items and the 1,500 collection achievement, but the replacement is not my favorite because it requires killing 40 Dark/Light bosses. That's not something I would ever do, especially with it being a limited-time thing. I would have liked it to be just based on Bounty Brokers contracts, but I understand why wanted the bosses to be part of it.

    So overall, it will be much easier for me. It will be nice to have more time to reach some of my other goals in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to not play this season at all.
    In fact, i uninstalled the game for the first time since 2013.
    Redoing the same old objectives in the same old content i did the last 10 years isn't worth it anymore for the cartel coins on the six servers.

    The reintroduction of Twitch-Rewards giving us so many new streams... and all i realize when i tune in on any of these new streams... the game is simply stagnating for half a decade. The streams just show you the same content you already did 5 years ago.

    Doing Galactic Season 7 Objectives, that are mostly a reincarnation of Galactic Season 1 Objectives, offers nothing for me.

    I have no "Fear of Missing Out" simply the rewards offered are not special enough. Armors i never wear, mounts i never use, pets i never take out, titles...

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)