I mentioned in a previous post that after I decided to cut back on my involvement with Galactic Seasons, I was hoping that this would free up some more time to get back into the story aspect of the game. I saw it as a first sign of success on that front when I finally completed the Jedi knight class story on the Leviathan server last week, something that's been four years in the making - four years, that is, during which I logged into that character almost every week but was spending all my time on pretty much everything other than story.
As I watched a victorious Jedi flee the Dark Temple once more, I found myself thinking about how it had been a while since I'd last completed the Jedi knight class story, which was kind of weird because it sure has felt like I've been spending a lot of time playing knight story missions in recent years. So this then sent me down a rabbit hole of taking a look at how often I've completed each class story, in what year (if I had data on that) and how it compared to how many alts I have who are still "stuck" on earlier steps of the story.
Trooper:
Completed a total of 4 times:
- On my main on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2012
- On one of my alts on Darth Malgus (female, was supposed to be neutral but I just checked and she has 0 dark side points due to some KotET era shenanigans I think) - this one's been sitting there ready to start KotFE for years now but I just haven't been able to get myself to pull the trigger; according to the blog I completed her class story in January of 2016
- On my Star Forge main (female, light side) in 2024, more than eight years after I first created her on the Ebon Hawk server
- On one of my alts on Shae Vizla (female, light side) in 2025 - one of the few characters I've played in recent years who finished their class story before hitting the level cap (she's level 75 at the time of me writing this)
It's kind of wild to me that there were eight years between my second and third completion of the trooper class story! Though completing it twice in the last two years isn't too bad.
There also isn't a lot of variety here in how these were played. There is a dark-sider and a male character among the 8 "story-in-progress" troopers I have on top of that, but most of them are still more nice ladies.
Smuggler:
Also completed a total 4 of times:
- On my original smuggler on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2012
- On two alt smugglers on Darth Malgus (both female, one light side, one dark side), in 2013 and 2016
- On Star Forge (female, light side) in 2024
Same issue here with all of them being very similar and an eight year gap between the thrird and fourth completion. I also have "only" 5 more smugglers in progress, as it turns out. At least there are two males in the mix there, and two potential dark siders (for one it's still a bit early to tell). I was actually a little surprised that I don't have more smuggler alts, but I'm thinking it may be because of the fact that smuggler is one of only two classes on which I've managed to take more than one character past KotFE and KotET, which makes it feel like I've spent a lot more time playing smuggler stories than I really have.
Jedi Knight:
Also completed 4 times!
- On my original Jedi knight on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2012
- On two alt knights on Darth Malgus (both female, one light side and one dark side), in 2017 and 2022
- On Leviathan (female, light side), as per the start of this post
It's interesting that these are more spread out, with the biggest gap being the five years between 2017 and 2022. I also have 5 more knights still waiting in the wings, but I was surprised on checking that only a single one of those lives on Darth Malgus; all the others are on the other servers.
Jedi Consular:
This turned out to be the Republic class story I've completed the most often: 5 times.
- On my original Jedi consular on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2012
- On two alt consulars on Darth Malgus (both female, one light side and again, another one that I remember being neutral but the game also shows her as full light side now), in 2014 and 2020
- On Satele Shan (male, neutral), at the end of 2024
- On one of my alts on Shae Vizla (female, light side), also in late 2024
This is also the only Republic class story I've completed on a male character so far, and I have no fewer than 10 more consulars on earlier steps of the story, which is more than I have troopers, even. Again there's a six year gap at one point, and I actually completed the story more times in the last six years than in the eight years before that.
Sith Warrior:
This is the Imperial origin story I've completed the most often: also 5 times.
- On my original Sith warrior on Darth Malgus (female, dark side), back in 2013
- On three alt warriors on Darth Malgus (two female, one male; one light side, one dark side and one neutral), in 2017, 2024 and 2026 respectively
- On my Shae Vizla main (female, mostly dark side), in 2024
I actually completed the dark side Sith warrior on Darth Malgus only the other week - she's been one of my primary PvP alts for a while and I was just passing some time while waiting in the queue. This one generally felt like I've done it a few times more recently and the numbers actually back it up, with no fewer than three of the five completions happening in the last two years! I also still have 6 more warriors "in progress".
Sith Inquisitor:
With this one, I was surprised to find that I've only actually completed it 3 times.
- On my first inquisitor on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2013
- On two alts on Darth Malgus (both female, one dark side and one neutral, even if the game once again disagrees with me), one in 2014 and one in 2024.
Two of these completions were forever ago, and then it took me no fewer than ten years to go again! Also, that last completion was an instance of me playing through a class story in tiny chunks over a really long stretch of time so I don't actually remember that much of it.
What's also worth noting here is that I used my two free character boosts on inquisitors, which means that technically I have more of them with advanced story progress than of most other classes, even if those two never went through their class stories. There are also another 7 whose class story is still in progress.
Imperial Agent:
It turns out this one is tied with the inquisitor for last place with 3 completions:
- On my original agent on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2012
- On my saboteur alt on Darth Malgus (female, light side) in 2016
- On a third alt in 2017 - she used to be on a different server but was merged into Darth Malgus at one point, though I never played her again after that - you can tell she's old because she's level 63 and on Makeb in terms of story
What do you mean it's been almost a decade since I last completed an Imperial agent's base class story?! This is madness! Fortunately I have two of them now that are getting close again. In total, I only have 5 more agent alts in the works, which makes this my least played origin class. Again, this was a surprise considering that I've always been quite fond of the agent story.
Bounty Hunter:
With this one it's back to 4 completions:
- On my original bounty hunter on Darth Malgus (female, light side), back in 2013
- On two alt hunters on Darth Malgus (both female, both dark side), in 2014 and 2022
- On one of my alts on Shae Vizla (female, light side) in 2025
Again we have that big eight year gap. 6 more hunters in progress.
Conclusion?
Having completed each class story about four times on average may seem like a lot to some, but considering that I've been playing the game since launch, it's less than I would've expected. It does make sense that my focus on redoing the stories decreased over time, not just because of seasons but also because I engaged in endgame activities in general. Still, for most of these it feels like it's definitely been a while and like I'm more than due for a revisit of those final chapters (the early planets are something I've done plenty of times).
That said, I was surprised that there were quite a few that I've actually completed relatively recently and where the biggest gap of me not doing any story was actually somewhere around the years between 2016 and 2020. While seasonal activities discouraged me from spending too much time on class stories, the fact that they got me playing on more servers actually seemed to help my appetite for going through them again, compared to my main server where I'd already seen and done it all multiple times.
I was also surprised that in terms of overall character count, consular came out this far ahead with 15, but on second thought it makes a lot of sense: Before Legacy of the Sith decoupled combat styles from origin stories, consular and inquisitor were the only classes where I really loved both available combat styles, so they were my #1 pick for new PvP alts for a long time (and I do prefer Republic over Empire).
I'm hopeful that these completion numbers will go up soon if I continue on my current track, as I currently have a trooper and an inquisitor on Corellia as well as a knight, agent and bounty hunter on Voss.

My own numbers are on the whole much lower than yours, with one exception: we're both equal on completed trooper class story runs for the time being on 4.
ReplyDeleteMy full numbers are:
2 times: Agent, inquisitor, knight, smuggler
3 times: Consular, hunter
4 times: Trooper, warrior