22/05/2024

Shintar's Galactic Season 6 Diary, Week 10

As mentioned at the end of week 8, there was no seasons diary for week 9 as I was away and travelling. I did have my laptop with me and logged in a few times to get my free points from the weekly login bonus, but that was it.

Returning to my regular routine, I was actually a bit uncertain about how I felt about jumping right back into grinding for seasons, though I thought the weekly objectives for week 9 looked pretty promising and varied at a glance:

  • Earn 200k Conquest points: Yes, of course.
  • Earn the seasonal currency: Would also get done automatically once again.
  • Complete 8 repeatable or side missions and kill 100 mobs on the Empire Space planets Taris, Oricon, Yavin IV, Ziost or Dantooine: I figured I was going to do this one on several servers as usual, though this particular selection of planets is not great for exploration missions, which are usually my preferred way of hitting this target.
  • Do the CZ-198 weekly twice or the Iokath weekly once: I was probably going to do Iokath where I could, and CZ is short and sweet, though it carries a bit of a risk of burnout when I do it on too many characters in quick succession.
  • Complete 15 missions as a trooper or agent: I was definitely going to do this one.
  • Craft prefabs and fabricator crystals/designs: I previously noted that I usually only do the crafting objectives on Darth Malgus since I'm not set up well enough with crew skills on the other servers, but this objective was an exception in the past in the sense that prefabs can be crafted at a lower skill level and don't require as much in terms of materials, meaning I could buy mats from the GTN or with jawa junk and get this done on other servers too. I figured I might do this again.
  • Play 4-8 warzone matches (wins count double): While the PvP season was approaching its end, I figured I was still going to be happy to do this.
  • Play 3-6 GSF matches (wins count double): I don't mind this one, but I probably wasn't going to do both PvP and GSF across multiple servers due to time constraints.
  • Complete four uprisings on veteran or master mode: As established previously, I'm not a huge fan of uprisings so I probably wasn't going to bother with this one.
  • Do dailies on Ruhnuk or Kessan's Landing: I was probably going to do another round of Kessan's Landing with Mr Commando on Darth Malgus, but I don't have this content unlocked on the other servers.
  • Complete the Eternal Championship on Zakuul: I had skipped this one last time, but figured that enough time had passed that I might end up doing it again on at least one server/character that had access.

Day 1 - Tuesday

I spent the day travelling back home and was pretty tired by the time I was settled in and ready to play games. It was also immediately time for an ops run with my guild, so I didn't do too much in terms of seasons. On Darth Malgus I just started on the crafting objective and played one GSF match. I then did a couple of missions on my agent on Leviathan and played two warzones on Tulak Hord, but by that point I was falling asleep on my keyboard, so I just logged into the remaining servers to quickly get my daily objective done with some clickies.

Day 2 - Wednesday

Even though I had a long day in the office, I still wasn't as tired in the evening as I had been the previous night. On Darth Malgus, I finished the crafting objective, played a GSF match and did a few warzones, all of which were losses. This took me to two weeklies completed and progress made on another three. 

On Leviathan, I also did a bit of crafting and played three warzones there too, which were also all losses. One of them was a Queshball in which I saw someone pass the ball from the corner of the bottom floor straight to someone in front of our line on the top floor, which I didn't even know was possible. At that point I'd had quite enough of PvP for the evening.

To achieve the daily objective on the remaining servers, I did a round of CZ-198 on Tulak Hord and Shae Vizla, a round of Iokath on Star Forge, and a few story missions on my agent on Satele Shan.

Day 3 - Thursday

I started my evening with a GSF match and a warzone on Darth Malgus, which completed my GSF weekly and made some more progress towards the warzone one. On Leviathan, I did some Taris heroics on Imp side, followed by another CZ-198 on Tulak Hord. On Star Forge, I played a few warzones on my midbie knight.

Day 4 - Friday

Before reset, I did a round of CZ-198 on both Satele Shan and Shae Vizla. Since I noticed people saying in SV general chat that warzones were popping, I queued up for those as well and got a few matches in.

In the evening, I didn't feel like playing a lot of SWTOR. I just played two more GSF matches on Darth Malgus - not for seasons, but to complete a partially done weekly mission, and did an operation with my guildies.

Day 5 - Saturday

Since I had neglected them the previous evening, it was time to catch up with the other servers the next morning. I did some Taris heroics on Leviathan and Tulak Hord, continued my Star Forge trooper's main story progression on Corellia and completed another round of CZ-198 on Satele Shan. On Shae Vizla, I tried queueing for warzones again close to reset, but sadly nothing popped this time. I used the time to get some crafting going instead and eventually had my trooper chat with her companions for some missions, which also earned me the required points for the daily objective. I stayed and crafted some more until after the reset, so once the crafting weekly ticked over, I was also immediately done with the daily for the next day.

I once again didn't play very much in the evening, just logging in with Mr Commando at some point to knock out both the Eternal Championship and the Kessan's Landing dailies on Darth Malgus, which got me to 7/7 on that server. I also did a couple more warzones just to finish off a weekly mission.

Day 6 - Sunday

I once again did the rounds on the remaining servers before reset. On Leviathan I did one Taris heroic and finished the crafting objective while queueing for warzones, though nothing popped. I then did the same on Tulak Hord, though I got into a Huttmall match there just before I was about to log off. On Star Forge, I continued my trooper's questing on Corellia, and on Satele Shan, I once again did a couple of Taris heroics while also getting started on the crafting objective.

In the evening I set to doing some catching up, since I was still pretty behind on weekly progression. On Darth Malgus I only needed to unlock another room in the new stronghold to earn enough Conquest for the daily objective though, and I figured this would give me plenty of time to work on the missing weeklies on the other servers. However, things turned out to be more time-consuming than I expected. On Leviathan I completed the warzone weekly, did a round of CZ-198 as well as a few missions as an agent. On Tulak Hord I also completed the warzone weekly and did a couple of additional missions on my trooper. On Star Forge I completed yet another warzone weekly... by that time it was getting really late though, so I just did a Taris heroic on Satele Shan and finished the weekly crafting objective before logging off.

Day 7 - Monday

In the morning, I quickly knocked out my daily objective on Shae Vizla by finishing up my trooper's class story on Belsavis. I then put my warrior main in the warzone queue again while I was working. I was getting a bit annoyed by the fact that it looked like I might not be able to finish the warzone objective even though my counter was on 7/8, but matches did eventually start popping and I got it done.

Later in the day, after the reset, I got back to finishing off more weeklies, as there was still quite a bit left to do on the other servers. On Darth Malgus, I only needed to get my daily done with some clickies, but then it was off to the races again.

On Leviathan I needed to do one more round of CZ-198, another Taris heroic and a flashpoint on my agent to get to 7/7 weeklies completed. (I was only on something like three missions completed as an agent, but then I queued for my introduction to group finder quest and got a Black Talon... mission completions for days.) On Tulak Hord, I also did two more Taris heroics as well as a few more story quests on my trooper. On Star Forge, I did three more missions on Corellia on my trooper, finished my crafting objective, and finally did a round of Yavin IV dailies on my boosted character.

This got me to 7/7 weeklies completed on all of those servers, but while it was reasonably fun, it also took absolutely forever. I decided to only push for 6/7 on the last two servers by having some more companion conversations on my trooper on Shae Vizla and doing a couple more Taris heroics (plus a few extra mission hand-ins) on my agent on Satele Shan.

Week 10 Thoughts

While my holiday had left me feeling quite refreshed, I was not as happy to jump back into the seasons action as I had hoped, plus I vastly underestimated the amount of time my weekly objectives of choice would require.

However, I did hit season level 100 on Darth Malgus, which is one milestone ticked off. I have to keep completing weeklies there regardless since I want to get the two additional achievements as well, but the other servers are actually not that far behind in terms of levels, so at least the end of my cross-server efforts is in sight now.

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on level 100! Hope you had fun on your travels. :)

    I had a lot of burnout in season 5 trying to do as many weeklies as possible on all the servers. In season 6, I am cutting down how much I do each week while still getting to level 100, just over more weeks. As long as I have enough free time each week, I don't get burned out.

    In case it helps any readers, here's how I do the season:
    1. Pick the 4 fastest weeklies available that week, especially ones that can be completed together.
    2. Do one weekly and daily on the servers each day Tuesday through Friday. If you were able to combine objectives and finish them in fewer days, just do the daily 25k conquest.
    3. Get the subscriber reward season level for logging in 4 days in the week.

    This gives a minimum of 6 levels a week, or 7 levels if Finding Fragments is available that week. You get to level 100 by week 15-17 on all servers. You get free time each night after the one weekly plus you have a 3-day break from seasons each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether I should come up with something similar for next season. I was hoping that tracking my progress with this diary was going to help with reining myself in, but I still kept pushing myself to do more weeklies than I probably should have because the objectives were easy and looked like fun activities on paper. However, with six servers to do this on now, I just don't have enough hours in the day. I'll probably talk more about that whenever I do my full season review.

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)