22/10/2016

65 on the Ebon Hawk

I'm proud to say that I hit level 65 on a server other than The Red Eclipse for the first time! I mentioned before that the DvL event reinvigorated my interest in levelling alts, causing me to pick up a couple that had been lingering without progress for a while. One of these was my Commando on the Ebon Hawk, on whom I'd decided to go through all the side quests on Republic side again. With how much levelling has been sped up and thanks to level sync (not to mention the current double XP event), I hit 65 shortly after finishing Alderaan and completing chapter one of my class story, after going back to Nar Shaddaa for that planet's bonus series (which for some reason doesn't unlock until level 60 since 4.0).


I guess I'll keeping questing anyway just to see more of those side missions again and to find out just how well or badly I'll fare along the way. While the restrictions that a single character is faced with are annoying sometimes, it's also been kind of fun to not have a legacy and a guild to fall back on for a change and to actually have to start over from scratch with things like datacrons and achievements. I haven't had a reason to ride the Jawa balloon since 4.0!


I also had a good laugh levelling in the PvP instance of each planet from Nar Shaddaa onwards. As mentioned before, they were pretty dead... but once when I arrived at House Organa on Alderaan, I ran straight into an Imp killing all the guards there (presumably for a conquest objective). I was so surprised that I ran straight into his line of fire and died - but it was way too funny for me to be annoyed!


It's just a bit ironic that all this happened on the Ebon Hawk of all places, since the whole reason I rerolled there, to play PvP/GSF with Traitine, has since become moot as he transferred his main over to TRE. According to Madmar's Twitter list, Swtorista and Zerne live on Ebon Hawk I guess? Feel free to give me a shout in the comments if that server is your home too, maybe we'll see each other some time. (Though admittedly it's not very likely, as I would be playing at awkward times for the US, not to mention that I still "live" on TRE.)

5 comments :

  1. Congratulations! I don't think this is an achievement I'm ever going to make, which makes it all the more impressive in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The levelling itself is quick and easy these days, but when you have all your alts and friends on another server there is always the pull to go and play there instead. I managed to circumvent that in this case by doing most of my levelling in half-hour chunks early in the morning before work - nobody on at that time anyway. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's the main reason I don't want to invest time in another server. If I'd make friends there it'd even be worse, because I'd be torn between two servers!

      Delete
  2. You were leveling in the PVP instance?!? Well, with you and your ganker, we're up to two people. :) I tried a PvP server in my WoW days for about 40 levels. I figured out that unless you've got a whole gang of people who play with 24/7, you're just in for some pointless aggravation.

    Ebon Hawke is my server, though, welcome to the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I levelled on a private Vanilla WoW PvP server last year and it was super annoying at times. But SWTOR's PvP instances are optional like the old flagging system, so I don't mind them. (Even if my motivation for choosing to level in one was mainly curiosity and lack of competition for quest mobs rather than a genuine desire to PvP.)

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)