Earlier in the year, there was a thing going around in the World of Warcraft community that had people tallying up their total /played time to see which classes they liked playing the most, which prompted me to make a post about my own most played World of Warcraft characters. I vaguely recall thinking at the time that it was a shame that I couldn't do the same in SWTOR... which makes no sense, because the /played command in SWTOR is right there! I even posted about it in the past! I don't know when and why I suddenly switched to thinking that you couldn't check your characters' /played time in SWTOR. Sometimes I do worry that it's a bit early for my brain to start deteriorating when I'm only in my forties... either way, that random misconception has been corrected now, so I thought it was about time to check back on all my alts and finally do another post on the subject on this blog too.
Shintar - 239 days
I always like to say that I enjoy playing alts, and I do, but I almost feel like this kind of shows the opposite - that in reality, I'm a maining woman who mains. How else could Shintar the trooper have more than three times the play time of the second character on this list? (Interestingly, the ratio between first and second place was similar for my WoW characters.) Though I guess it does help that she was the first character I ever created, all the way back in 2011, and has remained my main ever since. I fully anticipate a future where I'll be able to say one day that I've spent an entire year of my life playing as her.
Golu - 76 days
I'm not surprised that my Twi'lek Sage is in second place, considering that she was one of my first alts and the second character on whom I hit the level cap of 50 back in the day. She also has remained my "main alt" consistently since then, but I am a bit surprised that her play time is that far behind my main. I guess I haven't spent much time raiding on her in a while.
Fali - 40 days
My first Jedi knight coming in third place is no surprise either - again, she was one of my earliest and most played alts for a while, even if she sees a lot less play time these days. What does surprise me is how quickly the numbers fall off from third place onwards, especially when compared to my WoW top five. I've played SWTOR since launch without taking any noteworthy breaks, and I've pretty consistently stuck to the same characters, so I would've expected my alt stable here to have much higher numbers than any of my WoW characters. However, it looks like those five years of absolutely insane World of Warcraft binge-playing back in my student days still beat close to fifteen years of slightly more moderate engagement with SWTOR.
Racelle - 30 days
I'm slightly surprised to see my second smuggler this high up. She is still an old character of course (created in 2012), but as the previous sentence implies, she wasn't my first smuggler (who ended up further down the list, in ninth place). I guess the first smuggler's Gunslinger play style never really clicked with me, so it makes sense that I ended up giving this one more love almost immediately. Plus there was a time when I did a lot of PvP with her, as she currently sits at valor rank 85.
Sigex - 28 days
It should tell you how firmly I am entrenched on Republic side that the first four spots are all in Republic hands, and only in fifth place do we have our first Imperial character. The "Shinquisitor" was created at the start of 2013 and levelled as part of a duo with Mr Commando. Even though she was relatively late to the party, I do consider her my Imperial main these days (she's also the GM of our Imperial alt guild) so having the most play time out of all my Imps lines up with that.
Looking at the full list of /played across my entire stable of alts, I would say the patterns I saw were very similar to what I noticed in WoW, in the sense that older characters get pushed up the list a lot simply due to the fact that levelling used to take so much longer in the game's early years. My knight and smuggler really haven't seen that much play recently, and yet here they are, in the top five still.
Comparatively, I've got to go quite far down the list to find a character created in the current decade, simply because levelling is so fast and once I'm max level I tend to play less (with the exception of my main, who raids regularly). Fangirl, my first character on the French server and the highest-ranked among these more recent creations (she was created in 2022 for seasons), only comes in 13th place with 13 days /played.
As a bit of a side note, I found that I had an old spreadsheet for this, and since it also had a column for valor rank, I checked that too while logging through all my alts. Turns out I have very few characters nowadays who have never done any PvP, and my average valor rank across the board is 47. Plus I have two characters in the mid-80s - I should really push them all the way to 100 to have a few more Elite Warlords...





I had to go look at the /played on my Swtor characters. Pallais (Jedi Knight) is at 75 days played. Not bad given I've basically fallen off playing Swtor.
ReplyDeleteMy next character, Reavia (Sith Warrior) is at 25 days played. She's technically my oldest character because I created her (and Pallais) in the early access launch days to level with my son and some friends. Reavia was my group character and Pallais was my solo mode character when everyone else was busy. Bouncing between the two factions was interesting as I got to see the various flavors of planetary arcs and how they interlocked.
My next two characters are at 17 and 10 days respectively. All the rest are in the single digits. For as much as Swtor is touted as alt-friendly/focused, I too have spent most of my time on my main Swtor character.
Just to check, my /played on Pallais from Wow is 376 days. That's a lot of my life in one single character... I'm glad I have been able to stop focusing on what I 'should' be doing and am just doing what I find fun. :)