10/01/2023

8 Weeks Left

 ... until the end of Galactic Season 3. I reached level 100 on Darth Malgus a little while ago, and last week I also hit it on Leviathan, Tulak Hord and Satele Shan. Star Forge is trailing behind a little with eight levels left to go, which is a bit odd considering that last season it was the first of the "secondary" servers where I finished the season. I think I got a bit overconfident, thinking that I had such an easy time on that server last time that it was fine to leave it as my last place to visit most days... but of course that also meant that if it was late in the evening or I was short on time for other reasons on any given day, it also became the place where I played the least.

Still, less than ten levels is not far behind, and I should be able to be proud! Last season I started late on the other servers and had to use credit buyouts for a few levels, so being done (nearly) everywhere without having to use any buyouts, and two months before season end at that, is some great progress! I should be able to lean back and relax now, right?

Of course not, because with so much time left I'm now thinking about stretch goals. The achievements for doing 100 weekly objectives and maxing out the reputation track will come more or less on their own on Darth Malgus, but on the other servers... last time I started so late that they hadn't even been a consideration, but this time around they are actually within reach. Maxing out the reputation should be easy enough as long as I keep playing and using my rep tokens, as you could do that in six weeks even if you were starting from zero.

For the weeklies, I did the maths and to reach 100 on the secondary servers, I'd have to do 4-5 weeklies every week until the end of the season on most of them, and 5-6 weeklies on Star Forge. Not a trivial time investment, but not impossible either. I think I'm going to give it a shot, especially after seeing the weekly objectives for the next month that were posted on the official website yesterday and how many of them are really quite easy to complete. Just two more months of this and then I can take a break.

Wish me luck!

3 comments :

  1. Congratulations on having so much completed!

    You're definitely made of sterner stuff than me when it comes to Galactic Seasons. :) I'm just glad I'll be done in two weeks for Star Forge and can take a break. As much as I enjoy the structure GS gives my game time, it starts to feel more like a chore towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think seasons are in a really good place in terms of being completable with a very casual time investment, with the extra achievements or completing the track on multiple servers being something extra to strive for if you want to be "hardcore" about it like me. 😂 I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't enjoy it.

      That said, I'm also looking forward to it being over in a way, so I can say "I've done it" and focus on other things again. I do enjoy the structure the objectives provide for a while, but only in short bursts. I'll be happy to not worry about Season 4 for a few months at least.

      Delete
  2. I recently reached rank 100 on a second server and it wasn't bad at all. There are plenty of objectives that can be completed simply by leveling a character or doing some conquest stuff. I have also been popping on the other servers four times a week for the “free” level, but with most of the cartel coin rewards being towards the end of the track, it hardly seems worth it, especially without guild perks and bonuses to help speed progress along. On my home server, I'm about halfway done with the PVP season and that's mainly occupying my attention. I'm also working toward the 100 objectives achievement, so I feel like that's plenty for me right now.

    I do think they’ve done of good job of allowing the players to engage with Galactic Seasons as much or as little as they like but still come away with some rewards. And for the most part, the variety of objectives has kept it from feeling like a grind.

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)