05/04/2024

Shintar's Galactic Season 6 Diary, Week 3

The tale of epic planetary Conquest in my last post may have left you wondering what happened to my ambitions in regards to Galactic Season 6 last week. Surely I didn't have time to grind Conquest points all day on Darth Malgus and do seasons objectives on the other servers? I'll be honest, I wasn't sure how well that was going to go myself, but I wasn't going to discard the idea entirely without even trying. Looking at the objectives for week three, my tentative thoughts on them were as follows:

  • Earn 200k Conquest points: I figured this should hopefully still be a freebie on all servers, assuming I'd manage to get enough play time in on each one.
  • Earn the seasonal currency: Same for this one.
  • Visit another player's Alderaan stronghold: This was the one objective I was certain I'd be able to do everywhere.
  • Blow up enemies with destructible barrels and the like: Easy enough to do, but I'd have to sit down and devote a little bit of time to it.
  • Complete 15 missions as a smuggler or bounty hunter: I would have loved to do this one if possible, but I wasn't certain I'd have enough time to do that many missions across multiple servers.
  • Craft war supplies and an invasion force: I usually do the crafting objectives on Darth Malgus, but on the other servers I'm not really very established with crew skills, making these an unattractive proposition unless I'm willing to buy a lot of the base materials (instead of gathering them for myself).
  • Complete 2 out of 4 selected flashpoints (Kaon Under Siege, Blood Hunt, Traitor Among the Chiss, Objective Meridian): I figured flashpoints were definitely going to be out of the running this week due to time constraints.
  • Kill champion guards or turrets on selected planets: I might do this one with guildies on Darth Malgus, but otherwise I didn't expect to get this done anywhere else.
  • Kill the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas world bosses: These are popular targets and don't take long to kill, but there's still a degree of luck involved with getting a group, so I wasn't sure how well that would work out for me, especially while also not wanting to spend too much time on the other servers.
  • Kill 2 bosses in R-4: Hah, no.
  • Kill the Kessan's Landing world boss: Like in week one, quick and easy to do if there were other people around that were interested, but that was a big "if".

Day 1 - Tuesday

I got home super tired from work and it was immediately time for an operation with my guild. I assessed the Total Galactic War situation but couldn't decide on a planet to invade yet, so after lining up some bits of crafting, I hopped onto the other servers with the goal to just get the daily objective done with clickies.

However, someone was advertising a Coruscant world boss group on Leviathan and I thought "eh, might as well"... unfortunately I was the only healer and instantly died on pull, so the group wiped and didn't want to try again until they could find more people, something that felt like it dragged on and on... eventually they were willing to go again though and we killed it.

I logged over to Tulak Hord and... saw the same kind of world boss advert there! I joined again, and this group killed it on the first attempt. I also noticed that the other guy in my guild hadn't logged in for long enough that I had indeed usurped him as guild master this time.

On Star Forge I logged in on the fleet and... guess what? I saw a world boss group! This time I died again but that didn't matter for credit. I logged into Satele Shan, thinking that surely I wouldn't run into any activity there considering my usual problems with the time zone... but no! Immediately there was someone calling for people for the world boss in general chat. In this run I took on the role of fleet recruiter. I could've sworn that at least one of the names in the group was someone I'd also seen on Star Forge just earlier... perhaps other people were cycling through the servers just like I was.

After all that I was actually hoping to get the same experience on Shae Vizla, but while I saw a couple of people talk about the world boss on Coruscant, nobody wanted to start a group and I didn't have the energy to do it either, so Conquest via clickies it was.

Day 2 - Wednesday

As our Total Galactic War plans started to take shape on Darth Malgus, I went into full grinding mode. Seasons were all but forgotten as all I cared about was helping my guild take first place on Manaan. Both in the morning and in the evening, I did every Conquest activity under the sun, from questing on a lowbie to crafting to PvP. (I also had my worst warzone weekly in a while, as it took me ten matches to complete the mission, with nine of them being losses.)

There was no room for thoughts of seasons objectives, and I didn't even log into the other servers. I did complete three of the weeklies on Darth Malgus though, simply as a side effect of playing a lot, namely the 200k Conquest points, seasonal currency and the crafting one.

Day 3 - Thursday

I did more Conquest grinding in the morning, but by lunch time I figured it was safe to at least quickly check in on the other servers and achieve my daily seasons objective before the reset with clickies.

In the evening I did more Conquest grinding on Darth Malgus and completed the "affect enemies with exploding barrels" weekly objective during an Esseles run.

Day 4 - Friday

It being Good Friday, I had the day off and immediately launched myself into more Conquest activities in the morning. Before we went out to do our shopping for the weekend, I did another quick round of the other servers to complete the daily season objective with clickies. I also had a quick peek on some servers to see whether anyone was doing the Dromund Kaas world boss but had no luck at the time. 

My afternoon was once again spent conquesting on Darth Malgus, but by the early evening I was starting to feel a bit burnt out. I decided to take a break from Conquest... by doing a bit of seasons content on the other servers. I visited an Alderaan stronghold on Leviathan, Tulak Hord, Satele Shan and Star Forge, and managed to knock out the Dromund Kaas world boss on all four of these servers as well. This completed three weekly seasons objectives at once per server: the capital world bosses, the stronghold visit, and the blueprint fragment gathering. On Shae Vizla I had no luck with the world bosses and was disappointed to find that nobody with a public Alderaan stronghold was online either, so I decided to leave that for later.

Returning to Darth Malgus, I found people forming a group for some social Conquest activities so I joined that for the next couple of hours. Towards the end I saw a ping from my Shae Vizla guild that they were about to go for some seasons objectives, so I decided to tag along for that. This ticked off four weekly objectives at once for me (champion guards, capital world bosses, FR3-D0M and the seasonal currency), and between world boss summons I also spotted some public listings for Alderaan strongholds and quickly hopped into one of those, taking me to 5/7 on Shae Vizla.

Heroes of the Republic raiding an Imperial base on Tatooine

Day 5 - Saturday

I continued to focus on Conquest on Darth Malgus, playing there for most of the day. In the evening we had our usual social night, where we knocked out the two world boss seasons objectives and killed some champion guards on Tatooine. This took me to 7/7 weeklies completed on Darth Malgus, but I didn't log into the other servers at all.

Day 6 - Sunday

In the morning before reset I decided to check in on the other servers again, as I'd kind of run out of steam for Conquest anyway. On Leviathan I got the "affect enemies with explode-y things" objective done by blowing up some womp rats on Tatooine. There are a lot of different ways to complete that particular objective, but when I don't want to faff around too much, going to a specific barrel on the edge of Anchorhead is my method of choice. I also logged into my bounty hunter and handed in two story missions on Balmorra that I'd completed previously.

On Tulak Hord I did the same thing with the womp rats and played my little bounty hunter on Hutta a bit to work on the "complete missions as this origin story" seasons objective. On Satele Shan I did the same with my little smuggler on Ord Mantell. As it was getting close to reset by that time and I didn't want to stress myself out, I just logged into Star Forge and Shae Vizla briefly to get the daily objective done with some clickies there.

The rest of the day was once again spent on doing Conquest on Darth Malgus.

Day 7 -  Monday

Easter Monday meant another day off and another day spent on Conquest. Once again I kind of ran out of things to do for Total Galactic War shortly before the reset, so decided to use this as another opportunity to check in on the other servers. I once again did a few missions on my bounty hunters on Leviathan and Tulak Hord as well as on my smuggler on Satele Shan. On all three of those servers, that pushed me over the 200k Conquest points needed for the weekly objective. I ran out of time before I really had a chance to devote time to Star Forge and Shae Vizla again, just quickly logging into them and getting the daily objective done by expanding my strongholds there.

The rest of the day was once again spent on earning Conquest points for my guild on Darth Malgus, and it didn't really hit me until quite late in the evening that due to the fact that I had to be in the office the next day, I wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted, as I wouldn't have time to log into the game the next morning and would have to go to bed at a somewhat sensible time. I decided that even though victory wasn't guaranteed, I'd done enough for my guild's ambitions and that I could take an hour or so out of my time before bed to do one more round of the other servers to polish off some partially completed objectives.

On Leviathan I did more missions on my bounty hunter until I hit the target of 15, which left me at 6/7 weeklies completed. I did the same on Tulak Hord, with the same result. 

On Satele Shan, I brought my smuggler up to 15 missions completed, and since I hadn't done the explode-y barrel objective on that server yet, I decided to also pay the womp rats on Tatooine a quick visit. This left my poor guy sick with womp rat fever, but hey, at least he got a codex entry for his trouble and Onna, the stims vendor with the cure, was just around the corner. This brought me up to 6/7 on Satele Shan as well.

On Star Forge I was the most behind, with only 3/7 weeklies completed, but blowing up some womp rats there as well plus a few extra Conquest points from clickies to push me past the 200k mark ultimately left me at 5/7.

On Shae Vizla I was already on 6/7, so I just blew up some more womp rats to get to 7/7 and clicked my way to some Conquest points to complete my consular's personal Conquest objective and the daily.

Week 3 Thoughts

At the risk of sounding a bit conceited, I was kind of proud of myself for how much I got done this week. I was pretty much ready for a worst case where I'd have time to do nothing but the daily objective and through that get to 3/7 on the weeklies maybe... instead I got to 7/7 on two servers, 6/7 on three, and 5/7 on the "least lucky" one.

2 comments :

  1. Week 3 was weird. In Germany we have two work free days, Karfreitag and Ostermontag, and i was already on 7/7 on all servers by Thursday.
    The Kessan's Landing Boss was most of the time already down, when i finally loaded in. Luckily i got credit without doing anything there.
    So much free time to grind Galactic Season... but it was all done before the first free day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why I managed to get so much done even while barely having time to play on the other servers!

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)