12/01/2020

Flashpoints & Operations by Group Finder Level

This is that purely informational post I said I was going to make when I first found out about the unannounced adjustments to the group finder made in 6.0.

As far as I can tell the minimum levels set in 4.0 haven't been adjusted game-wide, so that you can still manually walk into any veteran flashpoint from level 15 upwards for example, however the group finder will only let you queue for content that it considers level-appropriate now. This mostly corresponds to the levels the content was originally designed for, with some minor tweaks made to the ranges for lower-level flashpoints.

Here is what you can access at each level:

10-14:
Republic only veteran flashpoint: The Esseles
Imperial only veteran flashpoint: The Black Talon

15+: 
Veteran flashpoints: Hammer Station, Kuat Drive Yards

17+: 
Veteran flashpoint: Athiss

21+: 
Veteran flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders

25+: 
Veteran flashpoint: Cademimu

29+: 
Republic only veteran flashpoints: Taral V, Maelstrom Prison
Imperial only veteran flashpoints: Boarding Party, The Foundry

41+: 
Veteran flashpoint: The Red Reaper

45+: 
Veteran flashpoint: Directive 7

48+: 
Veteran flashpoint: Battle of Ilum

50+:
Veteran flashpoint: False Emperor

53+: 
Veteran flashpoints: Korriban Incursion, Assault on Tython, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata, Battle of Rishi, Blood Hunt

55+: 
Veteran flashpoints: Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown

70+: 
Veteran flashpoints: Crisis on Umbara, A Traitor Among The Chiss, The Nathema Conspiracy, Objective Meridian
All master mode flashpoints
All story & veteran uprisings
All operations (most of them on a rotation*, Toborro's Courtyard & Hive of the Mountain Queen always available, Xenoanalyst II available during the Relics of the Gree event, The Eyeless available during the Rakghoul Resurgence events)

75:
Operation: Nature of Progress (on rotation*)

*The rotation of operations follows a fixed format, so that you can predict when a specific one will show up in the group finder next despite of only seeing the current and following day's in the game itself. The order is:

Eternity Vault
Dread Fortress
Nature of Progress
Colossal Monolith
The Ravagers
Karagga's Palace
Explosive Conflict
Gods from the Machine
Temple of Sacrifice
Terror from Beyond
Dread Palace
Scum and Villainy
(then back to EV etc.)

12 comments :

  1. Yes, Dxum is already on GF rotation; though I don't recall when it falls in terms of op order. It's not right before/after Gods, though. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there actually a fixed order? I thought it was (sort of) random and not always the same... you can tell how often I queue for story mode operations. :)

      Delete
    2. There's a fixed order, yes! My girls used to have it on a calendar to maximize cq points back when running lockouts meant major points. I recall it used to go Ravagers - KP - EC - etc. I haven't found a schedule up to date, though. It'll come, I'm sure.

      Delete
    3. Nice to know! I'll make sure to note that down over the next couple of weeks then, so I can add it to the post as well.

      Delete
    4. Obviously, when I wrote "my girls" I meant my Guild. Such are the dangers of mobile commenting! Hahaha didn't even see the change.

      Delete
    5. See, Dxum is tomorrow in GF (today's Dread Fortress, yesterday it was EV, Tuesday it was DP... I don't really know the order, bbut this 100% makes sure Dxum in on rotation now :) )

      Delete
    6. Yes, like I said I'm keeping notes now and will update the post as I go along. :)

      Delete
    7. Hey, guild just posted this, so, I'm sharing: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=villaluzj73%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FChicago

      Delete
    8. Hm, that's not accurate though. Saturday was Colossal Monolith for example, not Dxun.

      Delete
  2. This feels like a better solution for leveling. No more getting Blood Hunt at a low level. ^_^

    I wonder if it will be easier to keep things tuned doing the flashpoints and ops this way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely friendlier towards new players and removes those weird outliers like getting into Traitor Among the Chiss at level 15, but I've got to admit that as a more experienced player I also find it boring AF, haha. I'll definitely be revising my recommendations in regards to levelling via the group finder.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately getting tired of the same old flashpoints is an issue that isn't easily fixed. Perhaps an 'veteran mode' option where you can get all of the flashpoints while leveling? They could tie it to legacy, getting the legendary status (all eight class stories done), etc. Another small perk for completing a part of the game. It wouldn't guarantee that folks would still be able to do the harder FPs at low level, but at least you'd hope they'd know the story behind them by then.

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)