19/09/2024

Talking PvP & More with Ivano 1337

It's been a hot minute since I last had a chance to do a collaboration with another content creator, so I was rather delighted when YouTuber Ivano 1337 messaged me the other day to ask whether I wanted to come be a guest on the next episode of his new podcast. I hadn't actually talked to him before, I only knew of him as I had watched a couple of his videos; but I'm not exactly a frequent enjoyer of PvP content, and that's his focus.

I listened to the first three episodes of the podcast to get an idea of what I might potentially be signing up for, something that actually took a while since each episode is between two and three hours long! I thought they were quite interesting though and actually gave me some insights into the mind of more hardcore PvPers. And while I certainly didn't agree with everything Ivano's previous guests had to say, he seemed like a friendly and amicable host, leading to me agreeing to record an episode with him as well.

So we did, it was good fun, and we did indeed also end up talking for three hours. Madness! I am obviously only a casual PvPer so didn't really have much to comment on in terms of things like the nitty-gritty of class balance, but we still found plenty of things to talk about both in regards to PvP and the past and future of SWTOR in general. So if you're looking for some second monitor content to listen to while doing something else on your main screen (I hear that's all the rage nowadays) and you think you can stand the sound of my voice for that long, go check out Episode 4 of the Ivano1337 Podcast here.

Or have a look around his channel in general! He seems like a really nice guy with a passion for getting more people into SWTOR's PvP and showing them how it can be fun, which I think is the kind of energy we need more of.

(Also, fun fact: even though he's German and I'm Austrian, we didn't have a single exchange in German. I was wondering whether he was going to mention it but I sure didn't want to be the one to bring it up as I have no idea to talk about SWTOR in German. As I've never used the German client I have no idea about things like the names of different combat styles, abilities, locations etc.)

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for accepting my random message and doing the podcast. Had a great time talking to you! And no, I had no idea you were Austrian! Ich glaub' mein Schwein pfeift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I've been playing French and German servers for seasons, I've been wanting to make a little cheat sheet with translations of common terms. Some of them are not easy to figure out, like FPs (english: Flashpoints) = ZLs (french: Zones Litigieuses). There are also a lot of chat abbreviations people use that aren't found in a dictionary. I keep putting it off but maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learned some of their PvP terms... like "foufou" means stealther and in Civil War the sides are herbe (grass) and neige (snow), hehe.

      Delete
  3. It always makes me smile when you show up on a podcast. You're famous!

    (Well, in our little corner of cyberspace, anyway...)

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)