18/06/2023

GS4 Review: Star Forge & The Leviathan

I haven't made a post to sum up my overall feelings about Galactic Season 4 yet, because I'm still working on completing the reputation track and the last achievements on Darth Malgus, but since I cut back on my aspirations for the other servers this season, hitting level 100 anywhere else means that I'm done there! So I thought I'd do brief little reviews about my different experiences on each server again.

Star Forge

I was kind of surprised when I saw the level 100 achievement pop up on Star Forge first, because I hadn't had the feeling that I'd been pushing much harder there than on the other servers, but I guess it benefitted from the creation of Shintoo for the Galactic Championship. It meant that I suddenly had not just an Imperial alt, but thanks to the boost, one that had access to most of the expansion planets (while my other characters on the other servers are still puttering about in base game content). This made certain weekly objectives much easier and more pleasant to do - yes, I'm the weirdo who'd much rather do one round of Iokath than two rounds of CZ-198.


This meant that Shintoo got way more play than any of my other characters on Star Forge this season, and got to level 80 in the process. I barely touched my smuggler and knight, and only did a minimal amount of questing on my trooper, though the latter did at least increase her gear rating from 328 to 330. (The removal of daily commendations in the last patch helped a lot with that.)

In terms of other numbers, I increased my legacy level from 37 to 40 and earned 7 levels in the PvP season.

At the end of last season I got a couple of offers to park my characters on Star Forge in small personal guilds, both from commenter Pallais and fellow blogger Intisar, and I meant to ask them about that several times but it never happened. The one time I did see Intisar on the fleet and whispered him he must have been AFK. Guys! If you read this, tell me when would be a good time to guild those chars!

The Leviathan

I haven't kept track of the weekly "complete missions as x origin story" objectives, but it felt like knight/warrior got more love in that department than others early this season, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that I actually managed to make a bit of progress with my Sage knight's class story and completed chapter one. She's now started on Balmorra and we'll see how she gets on with Doc.


I also had some fun advancing my small bounty hunter to level 25. I even gave him and Mako proper matching outfits, something that I very rarely bother to do. I also realised that I hadn't done the Black Talon since its cut scenes received an overhaul several patches ago - hrm, this is one of those things I only ever talked about on Twitter... anyway, seeing the updated camera angles was neat. Somehow I never pictured the Black Talon looking like a Star Destroyer.

In general I'm kind of weirdly excited about levelling another male character. The only other one I currently have is my Shadow on Satele Shan, because for some reason I spent more than a decade being happy playing almost exclusively female characters. I guess I can use SWTOR's second decade to finally check out some of those gender-locked dialogue options that I missed out on until now.

In terms of numbers, my legacy level increased from 19 to 24, I hit level 6 in the PvP season and my Sage's gear rating shot from 326 up to 332. Apparently I've also done a lot more GSF on Leviathan than on the other servers, as it ended up being the first server where I mastered all the different ships on Republic side.

I didn't gain any new insights about playing among the French this season, but I was kind of proud of myself when someone whispered me to ask in French how to start Knights of the Fallen Empire and I was able to string together a coherent answer with the help of Google Translate.

2 comments :

  1. Anytime is fine with me. You can always send me a DM on Twitter or Discord (I'm pallais under the new Discord naming system). I have a friend/family guild on both sides of Star Forge so we can guild as many/little of your characters as you like. I'm UTC-6 currently if that helps with coordinating things.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time zones are the bane of my existence with these things! I managed to get a hold of Intisar though, so he "won" the honour of housing my alts for now. 😜 Still, thanks for offering as well!

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)