11/01/2017

Shintar Goes (Has Gone) Podcasting!

In my ever-continuing attempts to try communicating with people via different social media, from Twitter to YouTube to joining Traitine on his stream, I've now finally taken the step into podcasting! Well, I've dipped my toes in I guess. And it was less me making a decision and more Rav being kind and inviting me. I was on Corellian Run Radio last week, OK?
For reference, the segment where they interview me starts at 36:26 - not that I wouldn't recommend listening to the first half of the show as well as it featured some very interesting discussion too - the currently ongoing exploit involving the Fractured uprising among other things...

I actually got quite nervous when it was finally time to go live, worried that I would stumble over my own words or accidentally talk over people. The first did happen a couple of times (here's hoping that maybe they edited that out, but I won't go listen to an hour of myself talking just to find out), but the latter I managed to successfully avoid, though there were a couple of slightly longer than needed awkward pauses when I wasn't sure whether it was my turn to say something or not!

Still, it was a very exciting and fun experience and I was extra pleased that several loyal guildies and friends showed up to listen to the live show. It seemed appropriate that the giveaways that were held during that time happened to be won by Traitine and Calph.

Still find writing much easier than speaking though!

4 comments :

  1. You did great! I enjoyed hearing your perspective on operations and what you're up to. It's always fun to try new things, too, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely something fun to try. Also, ever since that time someone tried to invite me to a WoW podcast years after I had stopped playing WoW, I've been itching to get on a podcast where I'd actually have something to say. :D

      Delete
  2. You did super well; I didn't notice any stumbling over words at all - that's usually my job! Listening back to the episode I'm so happy with the part about the social side of galactic command that you brought to us. So thanks for being there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for inviting me. :) Happy to have "being on a podcast" as another item to tick off on my list of things to do. ;)

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)