24/11/2013

Brief Update

Like Rav, I generally prefer to keep my personal life out of my blog, but also like her I haven't really been writing as much as I used to - thereby sadly ruining a pretty solid posting schedule that I'd previously kept running for nearly two years - and I just wanted to say that it's got nothing to do with the game. Basically, about a month ago, my relationship, living and employment status all changed at once and since then things have been pretty stressful and exhausting.

I have been playing some SWTOR during that time, because it's been a nice way of having some stability in my life while everything else has been caught up in a whirlwind of change. Logging on for ops with my guild has allowed me to hold on to at least some sort of normalcy for a few hours a week. The rest of the time however, I've honestly been too distracted to spend much time thinking about the game in the way I used to. Hierarchy of needs and all that.

There are still game-related subjects that I'd like to write about, and I'm hoping that I'll eventually get back into some sort of rhythm, but for now I'm afraid that you'll have to make do with whatever I find the time and motivation for (which may not be that much for a little while). Either way I'm still around to read and comment on other people's writings.

12 comments :

  1. Hey Shin, just a bit of moral support, sounds like you could use some right now. Still stopping by here to see what's new in Commando healer territory, and since this was the first SWTOR blog I started to come back to regularly (you have your excellent writing skills to thank for that :) ), your blog is also my central hub for getting to other SWTOR blogs (such as Rav's and Njessi's).

    I hope things calm down again soon, and that you can leave the turbulence behind. Until then, you're quite right to worry about the important things in life first. Hope to see you back on the blog soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've had so much upheaval lately! For what it's worth I am (mostly) on the other side now of a relationship and living situation change, and it gets a lot better after a couple of months. (Interestingly enough one of the first things I did after changes were announced was resubscribe to WoW. I totally dig that whole normalcy in games thing.)

    Anyway, take as long as you need and we'll be here when you feel up to writing more again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of your recent changes too. Maybe it's something going around among bloggers. :P

      And that's why my view of WoW has softened recently, I actually felt unusually positive about the expansion announcement!

      Thanks for the thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Shin, if you need a bit of moral support, you know how to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am sorry to hear of your troubles. Take as much time as you need to get things settled, & I wish you the very best. Your's was the first SWTOR blog I started reading, & you shall be missed. I hope we see you back someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm not dead yet! ;) I was just typing up a draft for another post last night actually; I'm just saying that updates might not be as regular as they used to for a little while. And how come I've never seen your blog before, hmm... /goes to read.

      Delete
  5. I hear you about gaming = normalcy. After I had the little jedi, I struggled to regain who I was besides milk dispenser. I worked really hard just to raid once a week, because that was all I could manage, but I felt like I needed the lifeline to the outside world. And yes, you can breastfeed while gaming (with an elaborate pillow contraption), but I didn't tell the guildies that at the time. I think they would have been weirded out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, good to know who I can turn to for advice if I ever get to that stage. ;)

      Delete
  6. We'll be here to read when you are able to post. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shintar,
    I've been a bit quiet myself lately due to work and school stress, sorry to hear you have to deal with so many drastic changes at once. it's weird how they often come together in life. take your time and don't worry about your blogging frequency - we're not going anywhere. :) /hugs

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)