11/09/2014

Legacy of the Rakata

When I commented in my last post that we wouldn't have to wait very long until the release of part three of Forged Alliances, I didn't even realise that it was scheduled to be included in the patch that dropped the very next day. I can't believe the patches are rolling in faster than I can keep track of them! Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

So how does flashpoint number three, Legacy of the Rakata, wrap things up? Quite nicely.


We're being sent to Rakata Prime, another KOTOR planet, and according to my pet tank it's a very faithful reconstruction. For me, without the KOTOR connection, it was mainly very pretty, and running through the jungle reminded me a bit of Taral V, though Rakata Prime has a lot less trash to wade through. And nicer weather.

We were duo-ing our first run again, and difficulty-wise Legacy of the Rakata felt considerably easier than Depths of Manaan. Unlike on Manaan, we never really felt pushed to our limits. Things were just slow with no real dps, with the possible exception of the second boss and his hordes of adds. One of his special attacks was actually quite painful.

A nice little detail I noticed was that this flashpoint actually featured new combat music! I don't think we've seen any updates to that since launch, so I thought it was a pleasant surprise to be fighting bosses to slightly different tunes.

So how does the story get wrapped up? This is where we enter spoiler territory, so don't read the stuff below the picture of the mysterious stranger if you still want to avoid spoilers.


I have to admit that Revan leading the Revanites wasn't exactly a big surprise, but that doesn't mean that it's an unwelcome revelation. He's a character that people have an attachment to, KOTOR knowledge or not, and that has the potential for a very interesting story arc. Not to mention the question of whether we're actually facing the real Revan - he's masked after all, and both Pet Tank and I agreed that his voice wasn't the same as it had been in the previous flashpoints - but that might simply have been an issue of Bioware being unable to get that particular voice actor back, so who knows. Either way I'm excited to see how this will tie into the next expansion.

Of course I joked to my pet tank that now we'll spend the next four operations fighting Revanites, Kephess will feature in each of them, and it will turn out that Revan was behind the Dread Masters all along.

2 comments :

  1. "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA......"

    "NOT READING!!!!"

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only story spoilers are under the second picture, everything above is pretty generic commentary that should be safe to read. :)

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)